Monday, July 22, 2013

Killer boogie

Raise your hands if you ‘re up for some diggin’ into the '80s funk, disco music, back in the time when vinyls and cassettes ruled the world, your outfits from that period would win the first prize in an '80s-themed party today and you would die if your hair looked a bit more ridiculous.

These ain’t new discoveries, these ain't hits, but surely are favorites and most of them come instantly to my mind if I think '80s funk-boogie-disco. Even though I didn't catch these tunes at their time - I was more into the Smurfs hits back then - I really do appreciate them nowadays and share them with those who are likely to appreciate them too.


-Heartbreaker (1983)


They surely don't deserve it, but heartbreakers have one more song. A kick-ass song.

-Watching you (1980)


Thumbs up for the funk, thumbs up for the vocals, thumbs up for compliments to women.

-Are you lonely (1983)


I’ll dare to state that I love Karim’s version a teeny-tiny bit more, but I totally pay my respects to the source of inspiration.

-Dreamin' (1982)


I don’t know much about Greg Henderson, I don’t know why these kind of gems don't come out today, I don’t know why people choose bullshit over these top-notch tunes, but I know this: funky guitar can do the trick.

-New York 's moving (1981)

                                             
So funky it could be bad for you.

-Clean up your act (1983)


Instant love from one of Breakbot's sets.

-L.O.V.E.F.U.S.E (1980)


I bet you 're still with your hands raised.

tracks' info:
-Leroy Burgess - Heartbreaker
Salsoul Records 1983

-Slave - Watching you
Stone Jam
Cotillion 1980

-Hipnotic - Are you lonely?
Street Level Records 1983

-Greg Henderson - Dreamin' 
Greyhound Record Productions 1982

-Ahzz - New York's moving 
Land of hits 1981

-Blue Magic - Clean up your act
Magic #
Mirage 1983

-Hot Bush - L.O.V.E.F.U.S.E 
Hot Bush
APA Records 1980

1 comment:

  1. Cool music. I like this blog. Congratulations.
    Very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...