Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Screw lists - happy new year!

I used to work for a music magazine here in Athens several years ago, writing mostly album reviews. These last days before the year's end, we would always publish our top tunes and we were all asked to make a list with our favorite tracks and albums of the year, counting downwards from 20 to 1. Sometimes we would make lists with our favorite albums and tracks of all times. The horror! Most of the times I didn't have 20 favorite albums for one year (I rarely enjoy one whole album and not just a couple of tracks from it) and I had to fill the list with things that I could definitely live without. And of course the numbering was totally random -except for number 1. Maybe.

This whole thing stroke me yesterday as I realized I was seeing lists spreading everywhere all over the internet. That moment I also perceived that this past month has been nothing but lists. Well, don't expect to see any lists of that kind in soundigger today. I'm just gonna say goodbye to 2013 without knowing exactly which track or album was my favorite one this year, coz I adored a huge amount of tunes equally. And I'm definitely not gonna make a list about what I wanna change this year -if I can't remember it, then it's not worth changing. The only list I'm gonna make is for the super-market supplies, which has no countdown on it.



Happy new year everyone! Spread love and screw the lists!

track's info: 
Lyn Collins - Take me as I am (Disco Tech Edit)
2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...