Sunday, January 19, 2014

Liquid funk flashback

What the hell is wrong with me and I leave years pass by without checking out on those producers that would give me the chills again and again with their tunes? Peshay was a music love of mine about a decade ago, one of my favorite liquid funk producers who I haven't touched for the last couple of years, or maybe more. Yesterday as I was browsing through my old files to get them somewhat organized, *poof* there he was. After the facepalm situation that occured when I realized that it's been years since the last time his music came through my speakers, I turned the volume as high as I could handle to this one.


Along with "It's a house thing" and "Take you there", "You got me burnin'" could be enough to send my inner self to outer space back and forth 5 times, while my social self would pretend to listen to what everybody else had to say about their day at work, the chick across the room or the handsome dude that had just passed by.

And the good news is (not that there's any bad news so far) that Peshay released an LP in December on Tru Thoughts, which might disappoint the dnb fans, but will definitely make the open-minded smile to its funky, jazzy, tropical sound. Preview the album here.

Nice to see you again, Mr. Pesce. Long time.

tracks' info:
-You got me burning
Fuzion
Cubik Music Productions 2002

-It's a house thing
Fuzion
Cubik Music Productions 2002

-Take you there
Jammin
Cubik Music Productions 2004


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...