Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Bye Frankie


This is what Frankie was doin' in 1987, inspired by Billy Paul, when we were kids and still hooked on Muppet Show and Smurfs.


Satoshie Tomiie, Robert Owens and of course Frankie Knuckles made "Tears" happen. I can still feel like a teenager when I listen to the Full Intention mix.


Frankie Knuckles playin' "The light" causin' delirium to the crowd. I'm so thankful I lived this kind of moment too, one of the three times I had the honor of enjoyin' his tunes live.

So long, Mr. Knuckles. Thank you for your music.
I still hope this is a very bad April Fools' joke.

tracks' info:
-Frankie Knuckles - Only the strong survive
D.J. International Records 1987

-Frankie Knuckles presents Satoshi Tomiie - Tears (original)
FFRR 1989

*Frankie Knuckles presents Satoshi Tomiie - Tears (Full Intention mix)
Essential Recordings 1999

-Michelle Weeks - The light (Morera re-edit)
Defected 2003



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...