Monday, April 21, 2014

Dumb, dumber and the dumbest

Heard this on the radio the other day, as I was daydreaming on a bus.


After I got over the shock that I had totally hidden Stevie Nicks somewhere in my long-term memory for years, the radio producer started replying to messages sent by his dumber-than-a-box-of-hair audience that it isn't Stevie Nicks who "stole this" from Beyoncé, but the other way round. This having to be clarified caused an instant and perpetual facepalm situation, till I got off the bus.

I don't live in the Beyoncé-Lady Gaga world, so I had to check out which Beyoncé track they were talking about and it was Bootylicious by Destiny's Child (as you can see, Destiny's Child is all about Beyoncé for these douchebags) and they were talking about the guitar riff that appears throughout the song.

Although it's comforting that dummies of this kind could actually isolate this riff from the whole song (for some reason I believe that those who don't have a special relationship with music, they listen to a song as a whole and can't tell one sound from another) and pair it with a song they've heard before, it's frustrating to hear that some people listened to the "Edge of seventeen" and the sound of this song made them believe that it's a track that came after Beyoncé and could actually be inspired by her music.

I mean come on, people. Really?

track's info:
-Stevie Nicks - Edge of seventeen
Bella Donna
Modern Records 1981


1 comment:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdar_dbd64g

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...